Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Well you're going to all think I am bi-polar with the mood swing I am about to do.

I want to talk about Dr. Bernstein's diet. Does anyone know much about it. The reason is this...

My friend Phyllis has been doing the Dr. B thing since early May. $600. + per month. She goes three times a week for B6 injections in the spot she wants to lose the weight. (since it is a fat burning wonder) plus she follows this dramatic diet. On a normal day she will have.
Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit

Lunch:
16 oz of salad (only lettuce, celery,radish, caul. brocc)

Supper:
3 oz chicken breast
a tomatoe

for a snack she can have 2 slices of dill pickle.

She MUST drink 10 glasses of water. She has lost 55 lbs. in three months. ONce she has lost another 5 lbs. she will go on what they call their maintenance diet. She will get an injection only once a week and follow pretty much the same diet.

This friend of mine is 66 and she looks like hell....Oh, she is thinner alright but she looks like she is 80, she has poor colour, she has no energy. She thinks she will look better once she is doing the maintenance part. She has always done these fad diet things.

Mike Bullard, the late night talk show guy from Toronto did the Dr.B thing and did some ads for them. What ever happened to him. He lost tons of weight and looked about the same as Phyllis, grey and old...but now he is not on Tv anymore. I wonder why.

I asked her if she was exercising to help lose the weight...and she said oh no, they told her not to work out. Ya....she might drop dead of a heartattach I say.

Anyway, I am in better spirits this week. After the last conversation I had with both my son and his girl-friend I am totally convinced that them having a child together would be a horrendous mistake and the one to pay the biggest price would be the child. Poor little soul.

I am rushing around trying to get ready for this reunion thing of Roberts family. I have been ordered to bring my genealogy findings ..and so I am making copies of the more interesting stuff...since I don;t want to take my original binders and have things jumbled up and messed up.

I am printing off old photos and maps as well as my family tree maker is generating reports for me left and right.

We went to see Pirates of the Carr. movie last night and both Robert and I really liked it. the friends we went with didnt though but they are in thier 70's and thought it was too loud, too much action and it didn't make sense they said....oh well we liked it.

I had blood drawn for some tests yesterday morning and was hooked up to a heart monitor for an ECG. They are trying to find the reason for the problem with my eye and thought it might have been clogged arteries...but the old ticker is pounding away perfectly...firing on all cylinders the nurse said. my blood oxygen is 97% Doc Jeff says he rarely sees numbers so high. (smile) I go on the 11th to see him and get the results of the different blood tests they did. blood glucose, thyroid, iron, cholesterol. so we wait to see. it will all be good I know.

well I am back to my genealogy for the rest of the day ....I will be home tonight. Tomorrow I start cleaning the house for my company... I have to wash the floor, I wouldn't want the munchkin to be covered in dirt at the end of the day and she would be. finding all the places I hadn't cleaned behind for a while...so this is a good excuse.

I have to make sure I have a good supply and choice of veggie in the house...cause if I remember correctly...one of my visitors is a veggan.

No comments: