Okay I know I use this phrase a lot but my soul is in immortal danger you know.
Today was THE day. I have been informed that is was the most horrendous day of thier lives. It probably was. Now it finally dawns on them what that was. Oh....woe is me. I don't want to talk about it after all.
I spent the whole day, scurrying around, cleaning for my visitors next week and readying our things for our trip to Edmonton tomorrow for our weekend reunion with Roberts family. Oh joy, oh joy.... half of them have cancer, the other half is divided into two groups....the old ones (and I mean old....this family has longevity, the average age of the over 65 group is 89) that have lost thier hearing along with thier own teeth, and the young ones who are only there because thier parents couldn't find a babysitter.
I expect to spend a lot of time snoozing in my lawnchair, which is why I spent precious time today whipping up a set of cushions for the hard plastic seat. Might as well be bored stiff without the stiff.
I don't know what the hell was wrong with me today...but I was hell bent on maiming myself...first Robert gives me a swollen and slightly bruised right temple when he was pulling the blankets up this morning after a very steamy session, if I do say so myself. and then I tore the skin of my knuckles weeding a flower bed by the steps. I cut the top of my thumb with an exacto knife when I was sizing the foam for my seat cushion and walked into the corner of a shelf and made the bump and bruise Robert gave me even worse. Great....family is going to think I am a battered wife. I am covered in bruises from the whole needle thing and giving blood, wrestling with the dogs and falling over lawn chairs. clutz.
I'll be back on Monday. Hopefully things will still be alive here and the dogs won't have run away. My son is holding down the fort.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so...how was it? is kelly and co there yet? isnt maddie LOVELY!?!?!?!?!
Post a Comment