Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Frightening !


I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I have been told I have a fairly high tolerance for pain. hahaha ya right.

Anyway the deed is done and I can only pray that once is enough. I was told, however, that some patients are coming in for thier fourth shot. I can not imagine actually going back for another jab now that I know what to expect. I might have to be restrained next time.

I go to the hospital Oct 10 for the surgery. Yesterday was just the injection of the off-label drug Avastin (a kemo drug used to treat advanced colo-rectal cancer) It is wicked shit.
They have only been using it for this eye treatment since Dec . hahaha that made me a bit nervous.

The pain is less today but still enough that you can't forget about your eye and if the pain didn't remind me, scarring myself every time I look in the mirror does. Frightening. Good God, that half of my face is swelled, the eyeball is swollen and jutting out of the socket, totally filled with dark red blood and weeps a diluted bloody pinkish fluid constantly. I have to apply an antibiotic eye drop four time a day which burns like a whores cunt after spring break in florida.


Robert had a hard time dealing with the whole thing. He was quite rattled. Poor guy.
First thing in the morning. 6 am as we are leaving the yard I ask if he has the cell phone. he stops and runs back to the house. unlocks the door , grabs the phone and comes rushing back. we drive in....wait 2 hours to get into see the doc. he wants to stay in the room...but they make him leave. apparrently they have picked bigger men than him up off the floor from watching the whole needle in the eye thing. when I was done he seemed kinda quiet. We drive out of the parking lot and slowly roll up to the stop sign. but he is not stopping and nearly runs over this little pregnant lady...I only had one eye and even I saw her. she gave him the finger...and I don't blame her. We went to costco... he had to return a car battery that he bought there a few months ago that was a dud, he got a new one and a few groc. and left. In the parking lot we met our old neighbour bill bush. I talked with him while robert loaded the truck up. We left... headed home now and stopped in spr. grove for milk and as we were leaving the store on the way to our truck...a car infront of us backs out of thier parking spot. Robert ran our cart into the side of the van. that lady gave him the finger too. when we get to the truck, he starts unloading stuff already in the back seat. I ask what he's looking for and he says I was sure I put the battery in here. NOPE......so back to Edmonton we go....hoping some rare honest person might have found our batter ($80) inthe cart and took back inside the store. I waited in the truck while he went in to find out.....luckily someone had. We drove home after that...but I watched pretty closely how he was driving because by this time I was a bit worried about him. When we got home...I am looking in the truck for the house key. and can't find it. I told him I think you left the key in the door when you went back for the phone this moring. He said I don't think so. But lo' and behold he had. It wasn't there though, it was inside the garage on the freezer top. my sons girlfriend had come over and discovered us gone but the key in the lock....so she locked the house up and put the key away for us. Good Grief. what a day.

I shouldn't pick on him so much cause he really is a great guy but sometimes it's just too easy. He understands it's all for laughs. He shakes his head and says sheepishly, I must have been more upset than I thought.

1 comment:

Conky said...

poor guy...hahaha but gawd seeing that eyeball rape etc must have traumatized him...not as much as U for enduring it mind u...fuck