Monday, August 14, 2006

Surprise !

Well, did I ever get a nice surprise on Saturday, when Robert and I returned from the neighbours after lunch to find some phone messages.

Apparrently my brother's daughter Jessica was married on Saturday and my sister Sue and her family drove up to Edmonton from Kelowna and my brother Bruce and his wife flew up from the coast to attend. They were all heading home shortly after the gift opening on Sunday but they called on Saturday to see if I would like to join them for breakfast on Sunday morning.

Robert agreed to drive us in early sunday morning and meet them at thier hotel in downtown Edmonton, along the river bank, near the Hotel MacDonald, very posh hotels down there. We had a spectacular view of the N. Saskatchewan river and Edmontons very own paddlewheel river boat the Edmonton Queen was moored right below the hotel.
The downtown area was teaming with activity, an ING breast cancer marathon was being run, there was a folk festival being held across the river on the hillside, so there were colourful tents and banners waving and the grounds were teaming with people. The dragon boat races were held later in the afternoon. Edmonton rocks in the summer !

We had a four hour visit with Bruce and Sue before they headed off to do a bit of shopping before the gift opening. It was really nice to see them, I hadn't seen Bruce since 1998, talked to him lots but not in person. Everyone is looking healthy and happy. They asked about everyone, but sadly I had little to tell them .......CAUSE NOBODY STAYS IN TOUCH !!!!!!!!!!!

Robert and I drug ourselves home later that day and flopped into bed. We had to get up before 5 am to make it into the city in time for our visit, so we were beat. Bruce took a few pictures so I will post one as soon as he sends them to me.

I have to say, I thought I was looking not bad till he showed me the photo's. I have a totally twisted sense of self image. I think it's called....DENIAL.

I am waiting today to hear from my eye specialist, he is booking the surgery for my eye. I am wondering what harm would be done if I didn't have surgery. I'm kinda getting used to the blurry part now. Honest. Chicken.

So today is the first day in over 10 days that we will be just staying home and chilling out. Robert is happy to get back into the field and begin cutting the crop slated for greenfeed, in a few days I will be pressed into service, and will begin swathing the crop slated for harvesting.

Another bit of a surprise happened this morning. The stucco guys called to say they were coming to repair the stucco work on the house that the new home warranty guys tore off looking for mistakes in construction. As a matter of fact they are hear at this moment, putting the new wire on the wall and one fellow is inside the house repairing the damaged drywall above the door. So it is a happy day al'round. The new door was in a week ago and opens and closes nicely so far. I pray the house doesn't move again and bind this one.

I am glad to hear that my niece and her family enjoyed thier visit with us, I would love for them to come again anytime of the year, and anyone else who would like to visit, just give us a call. We are a bit starved for space but can always find a spot for someone to flop.

2 comments:

Moo's mom said...

We have been spreading the word about how lovely our visit is in hopes that people will make a point of coming there for a change ... ie Pam and Jim ... Dads seems totally up for it ... he might just convince mom to get on the plane ... hahahha ... I think they would really enjoy it!

Luv you both bunches XOXO

Cathy said...

thanks Kel, we really enjoyed having you guys come visit. I hope we can do it again soon. Glad you're liking the camera.

Maddy is incredible.