
Alright, cast me into the pits of hell right now, you're going to want to when I tell you that I did not take one photograph all week long. I did not even take my camera to the reunion. I didn't take a picture of my neice and her family, not a one. Lame I know.
I do have another hilarious story to relate from the reunion however.....
One of the unrelated (thus far have not found a connection) branches of the family had several members there. One of them had a neice there named Tami. She lives in NWT and is married to a native fellow by the name of Lyle...hahahaha...they have a 1 year old baby . Anyway, the second day they decide to go into West Edm. mall to do some shopping. Several people sitting around the fire pit asked if they needed directions...and teased them about not getting lost. Lyle, as he walked across the yard to his vehicle, replied, "I never get lost".
Of course that struck up a discussion around the fire about how Natives have such a good sense of direction, they never get lost...that it must be an inherent thing, an instinct. A couple of hours later, Lyle and Tami are back. They were asked if they found the mall alright, didnt get lost. and Lyle says again...."I never get lost" and one of the more outspoken ladies asked, "is that because you're a native, do all natives have that ability?" Lyle said, "I don't know."
"Well how do you think it is that you never get lost?" the lady asks, and Lyle reaches into his back pocket and pulls out an object, holding it up he says "GPS, I never get lost"
OMG, he cracked us up. HE has such a wicked sense of humor.
Anyway, life is getting back to a normal pace, boring as it is. I just wish it would rain here, things are pretty dry againt his summer and a few days of steady rain would be nice but it is nearly too late in the season do much good except for next year. That's one thing with farming, there's always hope for next year, kinda like bingo players, always one number away, but the next one called will be it.
Off to make some lunch, hubby will be in and thinking I spent all morning playing on the computer again.
2 comments:
i totally laughed at your post title hahahahahahhaa and the picture hahahahahhaha
go to kellys blog 4 pictures u doofus non picture taker!
Post a Comment