Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jamaica !!! man

No, I am not going to Jamaica.... but Patrick is from Jamaica. Patrick is my stucco guy. He and his helper came again today to put the top coat on the stucco around my new exterior door. They did a great job matching the colour and the texture....because we were a bit worried about the texture issue since every stucco -er has a different sweep of his arm the texture looks different. His boss is the fellow who did it the first time when the house was built, but Patrick did an excellent job matching it up...I am happy. He was cracking me up this morning. When he saw how nasty my eye looks he wouldn't look me in the face again...I said Oh come on its not that bad.....he said no girl....it really is....back home we would call that the evil eye....and you would be shunned...hahahahahaha....I asked him where the hell he lived that they still said shit like that....and he laughed and said okay maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration but your eye isn't...hahahahaha ya gotta love it.

Now I'm thinking I need to wear a patch....or people are going to start stoning me. Ouch....

It is getting better. the swelling is way down and the eye is opening more now...but the white eye ball part is still completely red.... pretty freaky looking I have to admit.

How often do you look in the water storage tank part of your toilet. I have to admit that I finally did it for the first time in the five years I have lived in this house. Today was the day. Oh man, now I know why I put it off. Our water being from a ground well is not treated with chlorine so it tends to turn the bowl a little scummy after a while....well...there was enough scum in the tanks to have provided a more than comfortable home for the creature from the black lagoon. No kidding.... so in went half a litre of bleach , on went the rubber gloves and out came the stiff bristle brush. It didn't take much scrubbing but it did take a lot of flushing to get it all rinsed out. now it was clean and clear. One down, two more to go. The half bath, won't be so bad since the flusher string thing broke two years ago and I remember scrubbing that tank out then since I had the lid off. Funny how you always get this great sense of accomplishment after doing something you've been putting off for forever....kinda like you just discovered a cure for some disease. I headed out to the laundry room to put away my cleaning stuff and was confronted in the kitchen area by the stack of dirty pots and pans sitting on the island waiting to be scrubbed clean ....damn.

I am not allowed outside with this eye thing, no dust or shit in it, for infection reasons. so robert is being extra cautious and has forbidden me to go outside at all....hmmmm...I can live with that for a few days anyway....I think I'll go read a book.

2 comments:

Conky said...

hahaha the evil eye

shit wear shades baby! or a patch and talk like a pirate all day!

Cathy said...

SHADES DON'T WORK FOR ME...I JUST STUMBLE AROUND. I GUESS I DON;T HAVE ENOUGH GOOD VISION TO SEE WITHTHEM ON. HAHAHAHA IT IS STARTING TO LIGHTEN UP THOUGH, THE BLOOD I MEAN.