Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bumbed out

Well, my neice and her family left this morning and the silence in my house is deafening. I liked the controled mayhem better.

Her little one is absolutely heart stoppingly adorable. We spent the first day getting re-acquinted and then the next day we tracked down a few grave sites that my neice needed to see. It was like a map quest. Fun. We did a blast from the past mini tour. I showed her the houses where both sets of grandparents had lived at one time as well as the old cafe where her mom had worked when she lived here. Then we headed into the city to help them spend thier money at COSTCO.... and we did. Spend money I mean. Chinese food....where we had a bit of a mix up in the ordering and i wish my neice had got a picture of the look on her husbands face when they brought him his food.

We ordered the chinese dishes and her hubby had gone to the mens room....My neice ordered his food...he wanted fish and chips , since he doesn't like chinese .....but because she was fussing with thier baby at the time she ordered the waitress thought the f/c's were for the baby. We wait for the food and then when it comes..... they hand her hubby a small plate with like six fries and two little teeny weeny pieces of fish....hilarious....he looked at the waitress as if to say...."you're kidding right".....they tried to bring him more but the old asian cook just didn't grasp the problem, we filled him up anyway...he ate a lot of coleslaw that day.

When we got home that evening we went quading. Erika, Kelly and I....they had a hoot. we herded the cows from one pasture to another and did some trailblazing throught the bush. It was great. I think they may come back just for the quading. hahaha.. It was lovely to see them.
and to the rest of you who see them all the time...thank you for lending them to me. I loved it.

2 comments:

Conky said...

Nicccccccceeeeee im so glad u all had such fun!!!

Moo's mom said...

We are home safe and sound now ... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for such a wonderful visit ... it was truly the highlight of our vacation ... all of it NOT just the quadding ... all very memorable ... I have pics and they will be in the mail tomorrow morning for you!