Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm Going To HELL

I'm going to hell. That's right, I'm gonna burn.

I've been at war all week with good cathy and bad cathy. Bad is winning.

I have distanced myself from the whole thing but I just know I am going to burn in hell for the part I played up til now.

My sons girlfriend is pregnant and not just a little bit. HE doesn't want it. SHE doesn't want it. ROBERT doesn't want it. But I do.

I bought the pregnancy test.
I took her to the walk in clinic to be confirmed by a doctor.
I took her for blood test and typing. (the reason why will be apparent later)
I took her for her ultrasound.
I took her for and paid for photo ID.
I made phone calls, gave hugs, made her laugh when she needed to and listened when she needed to talk.
I booked and paid for a hotel room in Edmonton for them both.

But I refuse to go to the clinic with her this week. I refuse. She asked me to, said I was more supportive than him and she'd feel better. But I can't. I just can't.

As much as I know it is for the best, that neither of them are financially, emotionally and mentally capable of raising a child and that mine and Roberts life would change dramatically I still have yearnings.

They dislike each other, are only together because of convenience and laziness, they've both said it . They are both as stupid as dirt or this never would have happened. It is no enviroment to bring a child into.

How the hell did the world become disposable. How did it become so easy to just toss something so special as a child, out with the trash. How many years I yearned for the chance to have had another child, and here it is, so close, half way there, and I have to say nothing, be supportive.

Alright, I don't know if I really want the diapers, the night feedings, the crying, the temper tantrums. I just want the dream. A child, smiles, giggles, hugs and I love you's.

Oh well, I'll try to stay busy later this week and when it's all said and done, things might get back to normal, what ever that is. It's just really difficult to make yourself do something while every fibre of your being is screaming that it's wrong.

The bad cathy, on top of doing all the leg work with the girl to set up her appointment and getting them a hotel room, kinda hopes that they split up afterwards because I think I might have a bit of trouble being friendly afterwards. I don't know, I just don't know.

Every mother should be a willling mother, every child, a wanted child. Dr. H.M.

It's wanted, Oh yes, just not enough I guess. I'm so sorry.

4 comments:

Moo's mom said...

Unfortunately its not enough, take it from someone whos been there, and actually taken precautions for it not too ... there will be a day when you and them will look back and thank your lucky stars that child wasnt born into this world ... and then when the time is right and everyone is healthy and happy something good will come and shine a bright light on everyone around them

Hope you are feeling better about things soon ... if she needs to talk she can call me ...

Kelly XOXOXOXO

PS you can take this or leave it ... just thought it may help

Conky said...

Ohhhh i can see why u are so torn...it is a ugly spot to be in given the history etc.
I hope she will leave him too after this...it just seems GROSS to stay with someone u feel nothing but contempt for.
I will call u soon! xo

Cathy said...

Kelly, thanks for the thought, you're right of course it is for the best.... I just feel sorry for myself from time to time, but this isn't about me at all, and I just need to remember that. Thanks....see you soon.

Jen, I have to say she is talking about moving out. I hope for her sake more than anything that she does. Although I am not looking forward to listening to Rob whine about being lonely afterwards....can't win for losing.

Conky said...

ugh bloody hell...u have to get his ass outta that house next....