
Have you ever felt like you were born a century or two too late. Sometimes the romance of the 17th or 18th centuries lures me into thinking how it would have been to live back then. In a castle, rich, jewels, servants, more parties than I could ever attend and chubby women were all the rage. hahaha But then with the luck I've been having lately I would have ended up one of the servants, toiling away in the hottest kitchen this side of hell or serving food in the great hall, getting pinched, shoved and cuffed for no reason or worse yet one of the unfortunate light skirts who had to satisfy the men of the castle and had no way to say no. But it could be worse...if you did disobey...you might have got hung, decapitated, stoned, whipped, burned or made to clean out the garderobe...(what passed for a bathroom back then. a hole in the floor of a small room, the hole was the entrance of a chute that ended on an outside wall of the castle and usually spilled into the moat or the sea. Not very enviromentally responsible) They tied a rope around your waist and lowered you down the chute with a brush and a bucket of water to scrub the waste off the walls. yuk...
Alright I'm beginning to think I am better off in this century. Ohhh but the sight of a mighty stone castle atop a hill makes my knees week. ahahha
Okay, even I can tell I've been reading too many historical novels. But hey, it's the only form of entertainment I have way out here in the hinterlands.
The fellow who built our house was here today and dropped off the new door for the front. he will be back tomorrow to put it in....i am postively giddy with glee.....whooooooooooo....my door will open for the first time in 3 years....hahahahahahah
Robert talked to him about closing in our deck and making it part of the house....with all the company we get here we desperately need more space. (NOt) we talked about it but I had no idea it was anything other than a pipe dream. who knew.
I was walking behind a cow yesterday, she was lame and we were going to load her into the stock trailer and bring her home to treat her. I got the job of fetching her out of the bush...so with a stick in hand I herded her toward the corral where the truck was parked. I was paying too much attention to what robert was doing at the corral that I stepped on a hornets nest apparrently.... I felt them hit the back of my leg. felt a sting or two... I yelled, then screamed... made about 10 steps, scarred the cow that was ahead of me... robert came running... I told him what happened between gasps for air...he ran to the truck for my epi pen...and that's all I remember. I guess I passed out....he shot me with the epi and then, get this.... dumped a bottle of water out of the truck on my face. Oh, I woke up....swearing. I have a yearning to never leave my house. It's not a safe world out there for someone with allergies. God Dam Hornets..... Robert drugged me with benadryl and I spent the rest of the day in bed. in lala land. I felt fine this morning... except for the hard lumps on the back of my leg that are itching like hell.
I went out to mow my front lawn before it got too hot....when I came in I was sweating up a storm. Went to my bathroom to wash my face....grabbed the face cloth I left on the sink....ran the cold water....ahhhhhhh it felt good. ran the cloth over my face....and looked in the mirror....What the hell....I had white stuff all over my face. okay, I know what you're thinking by this point...shame on you, get your mind out of the gutter. I didn't know what it was at first...so I tried to wipe it off....but I just got more on...I'd wipe one spot off and leave another.....Then I growled.....ROBERT !!!!!!!!!!! He was in here and used my facecloth to wipe his hands off on after applying some penatine ointment on the rash he got from stinging nettle yesterday chasing cows. AAAAArrrrggggg.
Life is grand isn't it ?
1 comment:
ahhahahaa shit lady im shocked u leave the house at all lol
thats heinous!
Post a Comment