Friday, March 31, 2006



It's all about ATTITUDE !

If you don't have any you get walked on.

If you have too much you get arrested.

You can't win for losing.

I had a lot of attitude when I was a kid. Way more than was healthy, which might explain why I was always scrapping with my brother and sisters and always had a hot butt compliments of Mom or Dad, payment for a smart mouth. hahahahaha.... My stance in the shot above, is an unfortunately common one in my childhood photo's. I didn't like posing for pictures and if they made me, I certainly wasn't going to pose pretty ! ha...I showed them. Too bad for me...now when I look back over my photo collection...I look like I was one of the fighting irish. Little miss toughy.

I kind of had the snot smacked out of me during my first marriage. The age difference really drug me down after a while and the drinking problem (his not mine) ahahaha. I felt really old. When he died, I had to re-evaluate my position in life and was quite shocked one day when my lawyer asked my birthdate, and then remarked that I was younger than he had thought. We did the math and I was, as I said, surprised to find I was only 35. I had felt a lot older than that for a long time. I can't imagine what my life would be like now if he had not passed away and I don't mean that in a nasty way because we may have not had the greatest romance in our marriage but we were good friends and there were a lot of things about him I respected. He would be 71 now and I am not even 50 yet. That is what I have a hard time envisioning now.

You might have heard about the movie "HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK"....well, Cathy's got her attitude back. Let's just hope we can temper it with a bit of restraint this time.

1 comment:

Conky said...

good pondering.....