Friday, March 17, 2006

It takes a lot of balls to live your life outside the box these days. Folks spend their days cruising the news channels looking for someone a little different to put down.

I want to be one of those out of the box kind of people. I try, but it takes a lot of effort. It seems at the end of the day to be so much easier to just go with the flow, like slipping into that old ratty bathrobe that looks like hell but fits so good.

I don't do funerals...I don't go to them and I don't want to have one (for obvious reasons). I figure, if you can't be bothered to come and see me when I'm alive, don't bother coming to see me when I'm dead. It's just too hipocritical. Robert and I are poor friends...friendship with other people requires a deal of work. Commitment, if you will. We don't make enough of an effort to stay in touch regularly with our friends and so we have very few. When they or thier family members happen to pass away...we don't suddenly remember the friendship and go to the funeral...sobbing and dabbing at tears..... we think of the person , of course and it makes us sad for the most part....but doesn't it seem lame to suddenly, after years of not seeing that person to go to the poor fellows wake just to appease your quilty conscience.

I have had a bit of first hand knowledge of people dying and attending funerals ...and I can truly say that I would much rather remember the person as they were the last time I saw them, whether it was laughing, crying or yelling. There is something souless about viewing a persons body. A rather morbid subject I have to say. enough of that I think.

FYI: the bulls that were sick , lived. feeling sorry for themselves but still on thier feet. Our last cow calved..... and it is still snowing here.....5 days in a row....and still under a foot.

I made minestroni soup today and warm buns...for lunch....hmmmmmmm I love soup.
Hey, why are they called CHICK PEAS ? It's a mystery.

1 comment:

Conky said...

Nice balls...

Funerals...yeah I hear ya on that one...Ive attended my 1st and last i do believe.

U do know I would visit u if I was closer right? *sniff sniff*