Sunday, March 12, 2006



Nothing ever works out quite the way we expect it to. In a way that's a good thing, right? Wouldn't life be boring if we knew in advance exactly what was going to happen.

I had it all planned, yup, I thought, this is what my life will be like. Well, jokes on me, cause it is so different from what I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just different.

I thought I would marry and live my life surrounded by my brothers and sisters and parents, my SIX children, and then grandchildren, in the town I grew up in. I'd see my childhood friends every week and it was all good.

That's right, I was gonna be the 9th Walton. Just call me Mary Cate. hahahaha

No, my life didn't turn out at all like that. I basically drove my brother and sisters crazy, I was a tomboy with a big chip on my shoulder, and considered it my duty to make thier lives living hell. Judging from the amount of contact I have with them now, I would say I was extremely successful.

I live far away from any family, have one child, no grandchildren or even the glimmer or one. It's just me, my man and my dogs.

Isn't the human mind a wonderful thing. We have the ability to blissfully forget the things in our life we find most distasteful or terrifying, and fool ourselves into thinking we turned out better than we should have. Well, that's what I keep telling myself.

So for those of you who don't know me, let me enlighten you, I am nearly fifty, overweight, still short, and now my hair is falling out. I was the only one of 12 children to have acne as a teenager, my left eye is larger than my right eye and I have one boob bigger than the other.(I'm told that's a common thing.)

I live to read smutty medival historical romance novels, am addicted to ebay and have to be physically restrained from B-lining to the candy department in Walmart. I have been candy and chocolate free (withthe exception of 7 days at Christmas) for a year now. FYI - I went to the coast for Christmas and even managed to lose weight. Hows that for will power.

I quilt when the mood strikes, I love to construct buildings and am the proud constructor of a garden shed, wood shed, barn loft, a greenhouse and numerous arbors as well as 12 calf shelters and 6 salt sheds.

I cook three meals a day, do laundry once a week and go to town once every two weeks, to pay bills and buy milk. My close friends have retired and moved to Edmonton, so weeks go by and the only person I see or talk to is Robert.

Not at all what I imagined it to be. I thought I would be busy , with family coming and going all day long , the phone ringing off the hook and shopping with the girls etc..... Okay, so it's a pretty quiet life. Right now , it's okay I guess.

I'll tell you all a little more about my hobbies another time. Glad you took the time to read this. I feel like I should reward you for making it all the way to the end. so.......
here.... from my lips to yours, smile I don't know why life's like that, it's a mystery !

3 comments:

Conky said...

amen sister...nothing ever seems to go the way u think it will...
i was certain id be a rock star by now and quite wealthy. haha arggggg
i wish u lived closer

Conky said...

yeah funny how that works alright...it is interesting to reflect on and be mindful of our misconceptions and such.

cathy...those pics turned out FABULOUS!!!! plz email me the whole series!!!

Moo's mom said...

So nice to see a little glimps into your world way over there in another province. I really wish you lived closer to us, but for now we will just have to come to you I guess.

See you in August!

Luv Ya. KD XOXO