

Oh, but life is a wonder
from the first blush of a newly opened rose
to the radiance of a fading day
it's laughter in a childs voice
and sorrow in a dying mans prayer.
The world is a glorious place and there for us to love not plunder.
I've spent the day filling out government forms we farmers have to complete each year to enable us to be elgible for farmer welfare. I can honestly say that Robert and I would not be here on the farm today without assistance. We would much rather get fair and proper prices for our products rather than accept aide. When we sell a year old calf (as prime a beef as there is) we are getting 82 cents per pound. for all the cuts. (steak, roasts and hamburger)...how much per pound are you paying in the store.....not anywhere near that low I bet. The middle man is making the money. not the farmer. Anyway, I don't want to be depressed so I am not going to dwell on our farm income.
We went to my friends Clarence and Phyllis's yesterday for supper. They live on the shore of Lake Isle and Robert loves to walk around their property and enjoy the closeness of the water. It is quite lovely. We had a great visit. Lots of laughs. Clarence and Phyllis are like a second set of parents to me. I have known them for 30 years and they welcomed Robert into my life in the nicest way by witnessing our marriage. That was thirteen years ago. Yesterday April 2, I would have celebrated my 29th wedding anniversary with my first husband if he was alive.
Pause for reflection. my son david would be 27 if he hadn't died. My son Rob is 29.
good grief, how maudlin is that. quick think of something funny. My son Rob , who lives next door, came over yesterday morning before we left for our visit and out of the blue says, you guys already have the son you wish you had, in Rick.
Both Robert and I were speachless....after Rob left, we both burst out laughing because he had sounded so jealous. Now I guess I should explain who Rick is, no relation that is for sure. He is a man, about 39. He lives near the city and came out here two years ago to hunt pigs and elk. He and Robert hit it off...and he has been coming ever since...every other weekend. He has breakfast with us or lunch....visits, brings us sausage and stuff, we give him tomatoes and zucchini and permission to hunt. I had no idea my son felt that way about him...he has only met him once , but robert says we do mention ricks name a fair bit in conversation...so....there ya go.....hahahahahahaha.....
1 comment:
how time flies....
lol @ robs jealousy.
gawd 4bid he try to be a nicer son to u....dork!
Post a Comment