"Be Careful What You Wish For..."I found out exactly what that implies, this week. I have been after my hubby for about three years to take the CAT (bulldozer) and push out a whole row of dead trees in the shelterbelt next to our house. They were all 50 year old maydays that my in-laws planted when they first moved here. The trees have died away over the years of black knot. a desease common to the PRUNIS family, of which maydays belong, along with cherry trees and plum etc..... anyway I planted (cost me $180.) a shubert chokecherry tree in front of my house ....it has purple coloured leaves and was growing really well in the three years since I planted it. One of the few trees to survive here, since we are so exposed to the winds. I found black knot on it last fall....so the whining increased big time about that row of maydays, because that is where it came from....black knot is very contagious to trees. so two days ago ..robert fires up the CAT and dozes the whole row down. and.......
I hate it. what a mess there is now...just bare dirt and broken roots and debris everywhere...the squirrels are pissed and I have no where to hang my birdfeeders. whaaaaaa
Robert just rolls his eyes. and who can blame him....i never know from one day to the next what the heck I want. poor man. he must really love me.
Have you ever wondered what you would look like muslim. hahahahaToday is a very tough day for me. Robert spent all of tuesday, putting out feed so that on thursday (today) we could get away fairly early in the morning and travel to Wetaskiwan, AB. to visit my Dad's cousin Bob . I mad contact with Bob and Betty a couple of years ago and since then they have been very nice to share thier photos of my Dad's family and stories about him when he was younger. Bob lets me know what is happening in the rest of the family. So yesterday I called to see if they would be up for a visit from us and Bob's wife Betty answered. Apparently Bob is not well. he has an appointent today to find out the results of a biopsy for stomach cancer. Betty said that he would still really like to see us...so we will be going down tomorrow. It could be a tough visit if he gets bad news today....but here's hoping he doesn't....
So I finally manage to tear Robert away fromthe farm for a whole day....and we are going to visit an ill cousin. darn it.
Why is it they can send little robots to Mars to take pictures and men are living in a space station but they can't find a cure for cancer. Are our priorities all wrong or what.
It is drizzling rain here today....at least it still knows how. we had barely any snow all winter and no rain at all...for months it has been really dry...and folks are starting to worry about another drought year. please GOD no.....
I spent the day on my knees yesterday (no that's not the reason) I was cleaning out the dead growth in my flower beds. so the new shoots can grow. When it was time to go inside for the night.....I had to crawl to the side of the greenhouse and use it to help myself stand up... I walked to house bent over like an eighty year old osteoperosis victim.
The top photo is of my ancestor wall.... I am hoping to add a few more to my family's side. It is a bit thin in comparison to Roberts family, of whom I have a lot of photo's. So if any of you have any old pics of Mom , Dad or any of our grandparents please send me a copy. hint hint.
No comments:
Post a Comment