I found myself wondering how in the world am I going to spend three days and three very long nights in borrowed holiday trailer in the hottest part of the summer at a reunion with over a hundred people of whom we will know the total of 6 of them. First off, for those of you who don't know me well, I have a bad case of claustophobia. Yup, the whole hyperventilating, panic attack, pretty much the whole shebang. Secondly, I hate the heat. Most fat people do and last but by no means least both Robert and I are socially challenged (by that I mean we don't get out much and both suffer from anxiety when forced to be in large crowds or meet new people)
Well, now that I've made us both sound like narotic sphitsofrenic's (I know that's not spelt right) but I thought it would be really narotic of me to pull out my pocket dictionary to look the word up. hahaha somebody might be watching....hahahaha

This photo kills me, look at all the bloody snow on the ground...that has to about 1972-73 in Prince George. Look, I was slim once....for about a week I think...hahahaha I stood out in the freezing cold. it must have been -20 that day so that my Mom could take that picture for me to send to a Japanese pen pal I had. I thought the snow would impress him. Turned out he lived in a small town at the foot of Mount Fujii and new ALL about snow. I haven't thought about him for years and it wasn't until I tried to remember why I was stood outside freezing my buns off that it came to me. The yard I am standing in is the same one my Dad used to flood with water to make a skating rink, after us kids and some of the neighbourhood kids shovelled all the snow off to the sides to make banks. All the kids for blocks around would come to skate. It was a blast. Yes, I know how to ice skate....used to be quite good I thought. Just never got the hang of roller skating though....I can't tell you how many times i went ass over tea kettle because of that damn rubber stopper thing.

The pict. of wysteria is not mine...its too darned cold here for it to grow...but my aunt Irene sent it to me of her front yard in Abbotsford. Nice.

The old barn is one of the old horse barns on Uncle Jay's farm here in Alberta. They sold the farm now. But Pam and I were there the summer of 75 when mom and dad sent us to Peggies in Swan Hills for a month and came to pick us up. We did the tour of the relatives and headed back to BC. Nice trip. There were three floors in that barn and on the top floor, high in the loft was were all the cats lived...there must have been a gazilliion of them. At least it seemed like that many...When we went up there to try to catch kittens, the floor moved with scattering cats. It was a bit freaky.
Well, I'm off to bed now. 6am comes quick and I will be spending another day in the tractor. Oh Joy !
1 comment:
that is a groovy old barn....
look at your penpal self..how cool.
Post a Comment