
Spring has sprung !
The New HOme Warranty guy was out yesterday and our home builder was kind enough to come out as well, for the meeting. The engineer they had out two months ago gave his report. basically stating that it was not the piles under the house moving. but the header above the door.
I was totally dumbfounded that they could be so lame as to believe that the builder would make such a huge error when every other door is perfect. and I told them so .. well yesterday they chopped a huge whole in the drywall above the problem door. (photo) and tore the stucco off the outside of the door as well, on the exterior of the house...they cut a big hole in the small deck at the foot of the door as well. and removed the soffiting from the roof overhang. They were looking for some simple thing to blame the problem on ...but did not find it. which all points again towards it being one of the piles having failed under that corner of the house.
We will have a conference call with them tomorrow moring and see what they have to say after showing the engineer what they found yesterday...I think he will start back tracking. Bastards. Its already been a year and a half since we contacted them about the problem and we haven't been able to open the front door since 2002.
When they started cutting the house apart yesterday ...i had to run to the bathroom and be sick. I stress out too easy I guess.
I have a few things in the greenhouse. I am not starting much for plants this year...just not in the mood .
This is what my yard looked like last July. This year it will be under demolition and construction since I have to redo my fountain, the reservoir has a leak. and the front porch (not in this photo) has to be rebuilt.Besides I am not starting as many flowers so there will be less planted. I am going more for shrubs and evergreens, trying to cut back on the amount of work involved in the upkeep. The watering alone took three hours. I do love my petunia's though. sigh.........
My own little oasis. I am planning to enlarge my fountain into a proper pond and will just hope I can keep the dogs out. I want to have a little water fall too. Robert is all for it, but I imagine I will be doing the work my self once seeding starts. hahahaha maybe I should threaten to go on strike (I do the seeding and he does the tilling) and I could get the pond done before the seeding starts.
We are going good friday to my brother in laws house and then on to thier sons. My sister in law is not well this spring and one of thier boys has volunteered to do the easter thing at his place. We just go for the lunch. but there are too many kids around to suit us. hahaha funny what you get used to. Robert and I don't know many folks with little ones and so we find the noise and stuff, hard to adjust to. We are always glad to go home to our nice quiet house at the end of one of these family days. ahaha.
My brother and sister in law have four sons, all married and together have 11 kids all under the age of 14. Some of them are little drama queens and the boys are hellions. should be interesting.
But first the house !
1 comment:
i am SPEECHLESS about the house and the bullshit you are enduring again....
Post a Comment