I was gone, but now I'm back. Things got a bit hectic. We were chasing down a door for our house and trying to nail down the guy we want to put it in. It's all set now. just have to wait for the door to arrive. We've lined up a bob cat for the re-landscaping we have to do. grrrrr...I am in allergy hell again, par for the course this time of the year. I go outside for a couple of hours in the morning and then spend the afternoon in the house doing bookwork or some such twaddle while my head pounds with a sinus headache. I take benadryl when things get bad, besides my daily dose of areus....an allergy medication.
Things are pretty brown here still. We haven't had any rain for a long time...or even snow. There was a brush fire and a grass fire in our area this past week. And then two days ago...a neighbour started to burn some grass in thier yard and the wind was wailing away...now they are sleeping in their holiday trailer because their house was damaged....good grief...do people walk around with the heads up thier ass. I mean really....it is so dry here...why would you light grass on fire with a 40 km/hr wind blowing.
The price of fuel is crippling us. We have already revised our plans for spring seeding. Robert has reduced the amount of tillage per field already.. we will have to think about spraying for weeds to counter the lack of tillage.
The frogs are out of the mud and croaking up a storm. Sounds lovely at night. My blue birds are nesting like crazy and the swallows are back. little beggers.
I have been burning the midnight oil with the genealogy thing. trying to find all I can on roberts MAKEPEACE side before thier reunion. It is easy to research his lines since they are such unusual names, well except for BROWN but summersgill and merriam are easy ones. so is makepeace. The man is absolutely 100% bloody english.
I start seeding crop tomorrow. groan....the things we do for love.....I am convinced that is the only reason I continue to do this damn work....I love Robert and he loves this damned farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment