Saturday, April 15, 2006

Some things about this life SUCK.


The meeting with the NEw HOme Warranty guys turned out to be everything we expected, which was diddley squat. They are adament that the problem is not structural, since the house has not moved in the year they have monitored it. So they have graciously(and I say that with my tongue in cheek) agreed to fix the holes they made on tuesday but that is all they will do. Our builder was kind enough to have come with us to the meeting and he was as dumbfounded as we were as to why exactly a person should purchase the new home warranty if they are only going to find ways to wiggle out of helping.

Anyway, I am (as is Robert) so mad we could spit nails. We will replace the door ourselves and hope to be able to use it finally after 3 years of it being bound shut. We will then wait for them to pay for us having the stucco redone on that side of the house and a new deck built. and the soffit fixed above the door. Then we have to change the grade of the soil on that side of the house. We were told it is too flat. so I have to do undo all my landscaping , tear up all my brick sidewalks and stone work , then dig out a foot or two of clay and slope it all away from the yard, which will create a ditch between the house and the driveway, that's handy. My sod I layed a couple of years ago will be torn up and the trees I planted are in the way. I'm not sure what will happen to them.

We had an okay time at Roberts nephews on good friday. Too many little kids in a too small house to suit me, but luckily we didn't stay too long.

Rob was over today to do laundry and seemed to be in a good mood. He says he is enjoying his job, so that is always good news.

I moved a couple of shrubs from one spot to another today and helped our friend Rick and Robert build a trap for the wild boar pigs ....they go in his cage type trap and eat the food but they are not setting off the trap door. The trap we built today should work way better. When we catch one I will put a photo on my blog as proof.

Rick's parents just got back from Arizona and he brought us out some orange and grapefruits, the smell devine. so much more citrusy than the ones in the store...They have a few trees on thier property down there.

Not much else is happening. Thank God for small favors. I am not sure we could handle much more stress right now what with the house saga.

2 comments:

Conky said...

i got your msg the other day...i have time off wed and thurs and will ring u in the am. whats a crock of shit...im afraid to ask what the warrantee cost you guys...scammers.

Conky said...

thats a cute baby cow!