
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BROTHER BOB and friend LILI ( and me)
What a popular day to be born. I share this day with my brother Bob who is 10 years older. I hope he is out playing golf today.
My hubby out did himself this year in a celebritory way. Last friday he took me to Edmonton to see a movie (The Da Vinci Code) and supper out. Then yesterday, on the spur of the moment whisked me away for a lovely trip to Edmonton again. We visited a tree nursery where I was able to score a long coveted wichita upright juniper (I love evergreens) then a sumptuous meal at the KEG (I have a favorite dish I order there) along with a to die for berry dessert drizzled with white chocolate...hmmmmmm on our way home, a stop at the pet fish department in the Walmart store to scout out which fish would tolerate cooler water ( I am going to stock my pond with goldfish and then keep them in my old fish tank in the barn for the winter should they survive the summer)
Yesterday was my nephew Glenn's birthday, he would have been thirty. Happy Birthday Glenn
Today I am just relaxing, playing on the computer, reading. I have to walk outside later to water my tomatoes in the greenhouse, but I'll wait till it warms up a bit. Tomorrow I am back in the field to finish up the last of the seeding of crop and then we will be running the baby calves through the shute to vaccinate them against respiratory illnesses before they and thier moms head out to the pastures for the summer months. Robert will have about two months of freedom from doing chores before it starts all over again. He hardly notices though because there is always some other job to take the place of chores. He has promised to move some spruce trees into our yard this year with the small tree mover we bought four years ago ...so far we have only moved one tree from his moms yard to ours. We have tons of lovely spruce out in our pasture fields that I would like to have moved a few into our yard to make it more cozey and sheltered from the wind.
Well that's my day in a nutshell. If I don't think about my age I can actually say I am having a good birthday this year. Thanks for all the well wishes. Now help me blow out all these damn candles....the heat is making the paint on the ceiling blister !
2 comments:
HAPPPPYPPPPPPPPPYYPPPYYYYYYY BIRRRTTTTT HHHH DDDDD AAAAAAAAA YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY xoxoxoxox
i cant believe granny had had 11 kids when that picture was taken!!! (or was fern born by then??)
Post a Comment