Sunday, May 21, 2006

Holy Hannah

I've had a migrain for two days now. I think it's allergy caused, but stress is always a big factor too. When I have one I love the silence, no tv no radio no appliances humming no nothing. I try to read but even that hurts. so I just sleep if I can. I tried Advil, IBprofen, and Benadryll.....Benadryll puts me into a semi coma state....can't stay awake but not fully asleep...I heard Robert calling me but I couldn't answer or move. wierd.

THE POND is nearly finished, just need a few more flat stones to cover up the sides of the liner and a few plants of creeping Jenny to trail over the rocks and we are all set. I want to put some gold fish in for the summer but am having trouble getting robert to agree...and since we do everything on the two votes system, he has to be on board. Water runs over the rocks jutting out over the pond and and splashes into the water.


I love the sound of the rushing water and all the rocks were free, from our fields and here I swore 13 years ago when I married robert that I was not going to pick anymore rocks...(my first husband was a rock picking slave driver) which is the main reason I have such bad arthritis now that and all the broken bones and fractures I had as a tomboy kid (riding bike, climbing trees and wrestling) Thanks to the last ice age and glacial moraine I have an abundance or rock to chose from.

It is cloudy here today and is suppose to rain. I have my fingers crossed it does. It is so dry. I pray that grasshoppers are not an issue this summer but somehow I know they will be.

Robert says his big worry about fish in the pond would be that the 14 or so barn cats would be sitting around on the rocks waiting for the poor fish to come to the surface. He might be right...or one of the great blue herons from the dug out below the house may stop by and do some fishing. yikes. okay, probably NO to the fish idea.

1 comment:

Conky said...

ohhh its gorgeous!!!!
i think a fish or 2 would be fun just so u could watch birds and cats go after it haha

Nice blog change!