Busy Little Bee, Always busy just like me !My shrubs are flowering now. This is Roberts favorite, a double flowering plum. This is its best year to date due I am sure to the mild winter. The flower buds didn't freeze.
Both Robert and I are in very poor spirits today.
We got one of those phone calls very early this morning, the ones you never want to get. Of course we both thought right away of Roberts 92 year old mother, but alas, twas not to be. She enjoys extremely good health and is just senile. It was Roberts brother Tom. HIs wife has been having health problems for a couple of months now. I guess he had to take her to emergency last night in Edmonton and they were told early this morn that she has colon cancer.
Loud,bossy, boisterous, cheerful, ever willing to help someone Dorothy. We are all very upset. She is going for surgery this week. Tom is very upset.
Worked on the pond today for a bit. Hard to move 200+ lbs boulders by myself though. I shovelled 10 wheelbarrows of sand though and got the pond in the hole and some water in, enough to let me backfill with more sand , so it is a start. Once I get the sand in and the pond full of water and the boulders back where they belong...I can start on the waterfall.
not much else to write about today, just to darned sad.
3 comments:
Ooooooo man!! That soooo SUCKS....
Tom must be sick over this...as is she.
Fuckin cancer.
makes my stomach turn thinking about her dying. Surgery was today. Hopefully they caught it soon enough. She's a big bossy german lady, but we like her. She makes life easier for the rest of us by taking the decision making out of our hands...ahahahaha a nice way of saying controlling.
im sorry the news was so bleak...
Post a Comment