Friday, October 27, 2006

Meditate this !


Meditation, did you know, is the key to a healthy body. Sit on the hard floor, with your legs twisted into an unnatural position, bend your arms in a direction they just do not want to go and with your thumb and index finger touching (making a big O for the pain) you close your eyes and let your mind wander.

Guess what ? all my mind wanders to is the pain my body is in sitting like that. Okay, if I really try I can get past that. Ahhhhh....take a deep breath....look around, what do you see. A shyte load of work that never gets done, artsy projects I would like to be able to do but can't afford and all the turmoil in my life right now. No wonder I am stressed out.

Okay I know I am not doing this yoga/meditation thing right. You are suppose to relax and zone out. I might have to watch the video again. I blinked or something when they explained how to get past all that day to day stuff. I'll keep you posted.

I talked about the hormone withdrawal with my regular doctor and he concours with my girly doctor that I should be off the hormones. My friends are gloating, saying it is about time I joined them in menopause hell. But I have news for them, I am not going to be going there. I refuse. Besides they're all older than I.

I am being pro-active and have been taking wild yam (recommended to me by a very wise lady) and evening primrose oil. I try to exercise every day and drink loads of milk as well as taking a calcium suppliment. I'll let you know how that all works out. In the mean time my doctor did write me a 60 day prescription for a quarter dose of hormone...the old ones I had, I have another 20 days to take them, then 30 days of the new one and the 30 days of the new one every other day and then none. Hope it works. I am going to miss my Doctor Jeff he is retiring and is down to one day a week in the clinic. Next year he will be done. My girly doctor Mary Margaret Aird (Irish accent and all ) is a bit theatrical for me. She spouts fire and brimstone, gloom and doom and tries to scare you into behaving. Jeff just told it like it was and left it up to you. Maybe not the best approach for some people but it worked for me. I hate being bullied, just ask my older sister. Cripes, the fights we used to have because she bullied and I never backed down. Typical sister stuff. Oh ya....I was a scrapper. oh the shame of it.

I will give Dr Aird a chance but may end up looking for another doctor. Besides it is her husband Dr Griffin that first examined my sons girlfriend during her first visit to a Dr. (The Dr who did not believe in abortions and told us so, while scowling at me) I knew I should have taken her to a hospital in another town and not where I live. The thought just seemed so subversive.

It is a gray day here, the sky is heavy with the portent of rain and they say as the temperature drops we will see snow overnight. I know it is only a matter of time before winter weather arrives, I am predicting a substantial amount of snow since the squirrels my yard have spent the past two months pilling all the pine cones and tamarac cones they could find into piles at the bottom of the trees. They didn't do that last year or the year before, and we had hardly any snow to speak of those winters....but this year...the piles are over a foot high and nearly every tree has one. Since the squirrels are hooped in the deep snow the want the food close to the tree, that's what makes me think they sense ahead of time about the snow amount. We shall see. There has to be a reason I haven't shot the little beggars already, with the noise they make and the tricks they get into. There is one inparticular who delights in tormenting my poor dogs. A couple of mornings a week he scrambles across the outside wall of our house and into the covered deck portion where the dogs lay. Like a hairy little spider man, with his four little legs spread out, gliding, with what seems like no effort at all, it is quite cute inspite of the annoying barking the dogs do to try and catch him. The squirrel that did the same thing last year met a grizzly end in the jaws of our chocolate lab RILEY. He is the more vicous of the two dogs and loves to kill things. OWEN just catches them and carries them around in his mouth , the moment he puts them down, Riley kills them.
Just the other day as I stepped outside to finish up a few chores I spotted OWEN standing at the bottom of the stairs with his mouth partly open. He starts this wagging of tail and head down kind of ritual we have when he has brought me a present and wants to make a trade (meaning I get the stick, stone, ball or stone he has found and he gets a bran muffin or a doggie cookie) I have a pile of presents by the back door that I have traded for. Anyway, there he was with this long thin gray thing, that looked like a string, hanging from his mouth. My first thought was that he had found a mouse. I told him to put it down and he wouldn't .... so I got my gloves from inside and reluctantly took hold of the tail of the supposed mouse. I said " give" and he reluctantly opened his mouth. Oh it was a mouse alright....a fat, plump, pink eared, green bodied stuffed cat toy with a long gray string tail. Good grief. He must have stole it from the porch of my sons house where he feeds all the stray kittens. My son loves cats. Our dogs used to have stuffed toys as puppies and Owen thought he had really found a treasure. ahahahahah....I had to, of course, go get him a treat, he was just so darned proud of himself. I put the toy in my pocket intending to take it back later and the dog spent the whole day shadowing me, waiting for me to give him back his baby. I did eventually, to hell with the cats. Needless to say the poor little mousey has no ears or nose left and I often see it, laying on the dogs bed, a wet, slimmy, slobbery shadow of its former self. hahahahaha but the dogs love it. they sleep with it under their head.

I wanted to write a happier blog, since re-reading some of my more recent posts, I realized I was sounding like a shrew. Can't have that. So I will save my more mediocre rants until they congele into a whopper and then sit back and watch the fur fly.

1 comment:

Conky said...

Ohhh mannnnn good on u 4 getting the wild yam! it sure cant hurt...

HAHAHAH @ the cat toy in the dogs mouth! arggggggggg