Friday, October 06, 2006

R.I.P. 57N


Picked clean, she was, not even an ear tag left lying about. Just a rack of ribs and a skull, oh and her two back legs. Robert said he saw a golden eagle, picking at the bones yesterday, but that there were not nearly as many left as I show in this picture taken a few days before.

We still have not solved the mystery of her death and will just put it down to accidental.

On to other news.... Robert and I went to see a movie on Wednesday last, ALL THE KINGS MEN, we both thought it was excellent. Sean Penn just blew us away, he played governor Hughie Long to a "T". Of course the name is changed in the movie but Robert new all about him since he is a bit of a political buff. Jude Law was good in it too. But Penn's character was so larger than life that you hardly noticed the other players. We want to see it again... that doesn't happen often.

Also, I just want to say, that sending an over weight person an allegedly funny picture of another fat person with her bare ass done up as a pumpkin is in very bad taste. I think I may have to find a picture of some "funny" nutcase with thier head up thier ass pretending to be a stuffed turkey. What say you all ?

I am making my thanksgiving feast tomorrow (saturday) Robert and I will be here and my son and his girlfriend may come, we have tried to corral a couple of friends to come as well but no luck so far. It sucks to be recluses. When you finally pull your head out of the sand, you find yourself all alone. Keeping in touch with friends is a lot of work.

My menu for tomorrow: Turkey, meatballs in mushroom gravey, mashed potatoes, sausage dressing, cabbage rolls, crepes, peas and carrots, gravey, ambrosia salad, broccoli salad, and fresh dinner buns, for dessert pumpkin pie and apple pie, both homemade by my own stubby little fingers from my own pumpkins and apple tree.
hmmmmmmm I can hardly wait. I live for the dressing and cabbage rolls.

I will then put 90% of it in the freezer because two people do not put much of a dent in that much food. Oh well, it gets used up during calving time, I don't have to cook when I am tired.

Can you smell the turkey cooking.....

1 comment:

Conky said...

Mmmmmm i want supper at your house!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH @ Peggy sending u and me fat ass pictures...*shakes head*...good gawd.

Damn u beat me, i was gunna post the dead cow pics...dang it!