Saturday, October 07, 2006

TRAPPED

There I was, held hostage by my own hand, chained to the gas range and no where to hide.
My lovely dinner ruined, the whole day ruined. I had such high hopes that the day would turn out the way I had planned, Robert and I, my son and his girlfriend and a friend or two enjoying good food and even better company. But alas, the well laid plans of mice and men...
He came over to cry on my shoulder, curse her out and lay blame three differrent times before coming for supper. by the second visit, when I saw him coming across the lawn, I looked around in desparation for a place to hide but I was trapped, my food would burn if I left. I have to admit that the thought of doing myself bodily harm and having to rush off to emergency was looking pretty good by the third visit of the day.


Don't you wish you were here. I had honestly thought they were well suited, they both seemed hell bent on making each other miserable.

It was the longest meal of my life, well, maybe second compared to the one when my first husbands mother told me, while I was helping her get it ready, that I was not the girl she wanted her son to marry.

Oh by the way, COSTCO has popcorn poppers, $28.99 you can even order on line if you have someones member number. www.costco.ca I don't know what made me think of that right this minute. It might be my tendency to self medicate with food when I am stressed and one of the foods I use is popcorn.

Oh ya...the friends that canceled on dinner, have invited themselves for leftovers on monday night and I told robert to tell them 5:30 (because I have lazer surgery early tuesday morning) but they weedled a 7 pm supper time out of him. grrrrrrr.... I hate eating that late.

I am going to give up making plans since they never work out.

1 comment:

Conky said...

oh my good gawd woman how do u survive it hahahahhaa ???