Saturday, September 16, 2006

From the Frozen Tundra


Ho Ho Ho !

Yes we had snow. Great big white flakes. Luckily, the ground was too warm here and it did not stay, but only 60 miles away in Edson they had 6 inches of snow and the farther west you go the worse it was.

I have been staying inside the past few days getting caught up with the cattle paper work and bills. Robert has been busy feeding the calves we weaned and repairing fences so we can turn the cows on to some of the hay fields. Believe it or not we were quite dry here this summer and the pasture is dead and the dugouts have run dry from the cattle watering all summer and no new water coming in. We will have to move the solar watering systems to different dugouts now.

We have a bit of a neighbour drama between two of our neighbours.

There is this older guy that lives north of us...no one likes him. He is a big A'hole. The other neighbour is a lady, married, about my age. She is a bit fanatical. Anyway all summer we have been hearing about how this guy has been riding his quad up and down their road slowly weaving from side to side. Finally, the camels back broke last week and our neighbour lady lost her wig. She jumped on her quad and rushed down the road to confront the other neighbour (who happens to live on the same road only further down) She jumps down his throat right away and asks him what he thinks he's doing. He said, none of your business. She says oh I think it is ...you drive past our place and slow down, weaving from sid e to side, I should call the cops. He said, go ahead. She asked again what the hell he thinks he's doing....and I guess he finally got fed up with her....he threw an emptly beer can at her and says, picking bottles, what's it to you. and rode away. I would have loved to have been there....to see the expression on our neighbour lady's face. Robert and I do not like the fellow in the slightest but Robert asked me if I were in his place would I have thrown a beer can at Carin too. I have to say, I would have, she was completely out of line. But when she and her husband told us this story....it seemed she thought we should have been on her side. Sorry Carin in this case you're crazier than he is. It is a public road. she thought he was casing thier place. hahahahaha

We are heading to the old folks home for supper tomorrow night to help celebrate Robert's mothers 92 nd. birthday. wooooo hooooo should be a blast....ya right. wake me when it's time to leave.

No comments: