Sunday, June 11, 2006

Playing the Waiting Game

So here I sit playing the waiting game. For those of you out of the loop.(poor bastards you don't know what you're missing) I will start at the beginning.

Over a week ago, just after my violent re-acquantance with the flue, I noticed my left eye had very blurred vision. No matter what I did it would not clear up. It is very aggrivating as it throws the vision in my other eye out of whack and makes it impossible to focus. Needless to say I haven't been driving.

After about 5 days of whining and snibbling to Robert (he's the only one around so he hears it all) I called to make an appointment with our Optometrist....the soonest was August 15 but when I mentioned my blurred vision the fit me in the same day. Apparently it is a serious thing. I finally get in and they do these tests. The puff of air on each eye test (for glocoma) the right eye saw the bright red circle with the yellow dot in the center the way she described it to me....but my left eye saw a brown circle with a clear dot. Wierd. so then they put the drops in to dilate your pupils and mine apparently, I was told, were enormous. Dilated more than usual....Wierd. so then I get to meet the Dr. he gets me to read the charts...my right eye is awesome....my left....I saw nothing. A bit of clearness on the fringes but could not make out any letters. I could've guessed but what would that prove.

He told me I had suffered a superior branch retinal vein occlusion. or rather the vein that drains the blood from the back of the eye had hemmorraged and the blood in my eye was causing the blind spot.

He said it is caused from either high blood pressure or diabetes. He told me to begin taking coated aspirin to aviod any blood clots that could occur from the hemmoraging and ordered me to see my regular doctor immediately. He also made an appointment for me to see (no pun intended) a retinal specialist in Edm. June 26 th. If they agree with his findings they will do lazer surgery to try and return some of the vision to that eye. But the optometrist said it is highly unlikely my vision will be what it once was in that eye and that they may decide if the damage is too great that surgery would not be a solution. Since the surgery itself will leave some damage due to scarring.

So I am still waiting to get in to see my doctor...he is on holidays until monday.

Not only am I to worry about the whole diabetes threat...which I have worked very hard at lowering the numbers...with success....but now I could have high blood pressure.

It's not enough I am short , fat, thin hair, have a thyroid problem, take hormones, suffer from some serious arthritis from all the falling off my bike and out of trees I did as a kid, I have bad enough allergies that they want to put me on an inhaler, but I have to worry about diabetes and high blood pressure......gooooooooood GOD just give me a bloody gun and I'll get it over with now.

The more I think about things the more I am convinced that I am being payed back for all the bad things I did in my youth. Karma, you know is some serious shit. You had better enjoy me folks while I am here !!!

1 comment:

Conky said...

ooo no lady, this is not the end of you...you will live to be 110!! hahaha