Friday, June 22, 2007

ADMIT IT GIRLS...


Okay, admit it girls, we all like a little of the that "knock'em on the head and drag her back to the cave" kind of attitude in our man, sure we do. We just want it in a very specific part of their personality.

I mean we don't want them to go all chest pounding, me man you woman caveman on us when it comes to taking out the garbage, changing diapers, helping with the vacuuming or following us around the lingerie store.

No, but we do like a bit of the neanderthal to show through in the bedroom. I mean lets face it, who wouldn't want their husband to come up behind them at a friends tupperware party, kiss your neck, whisper in your ear and drag you off to the car for the quickest drive home ever. Dragging you into the house and straight up to the master suit. Closing the door and turning the lock and saying "YOUR MINE" before he goes about showing you why you should want only him.

Sounds a bit like a romance novel doesn't it. Well, they had to get their ideas from somewhere ladies. Men used to be more like that. What I want to know is how do we go about getting them to be like that again.

I guess if you think about it, the caveman tendencies are still in their some where, at least I hope they haven't been bred out of them. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want them to revert back to the days when they drug a dead carcass home, dropped it in your lap and grunted and while you turned it on a spit over the open fire, they hung out with the guys at the back of the cave painting the days adventures on the wall with berry juice and mammoth dung.


On the other hand what's so very different today, they grunt as they come in the door after work, kick their shoes off, grab a beer and head for the couch with the remote in their hand. After he's settled and has his favorite sport channel blaring away in the background he shouts. "What's for supper, I'm starved."
What would we do with out our men. Ladies I ask you.

1 comment:

Conky said...

ill let you know if I ever like one enough to keep around...haha