Cool and drizzly here today and I am making up projects so I can stay inside. Still waiting to find out when my appointment with the internal medicine doctor is. What a mix up they have at the hospital right now. One of the doctors and the hospital administrator have run off together and left everyone else high and dry.
Our dog Riley is still on antibiotics and steroids for his skin rash/secondary infection. He had this problem three years ago too. He has to sleep in the garage because he drinks way too much water while on steroids and pees every fifteen minutes. whether he is in the house or not. Needless to say, he has always been the most reluctant to house train and there is nothing worse than a mature dog that just drank a half gallon of water that won't whine to go out.

A squirrel has commandeered one of my bird houses to have her babies in. I think she finally had them because this morning I spied her sitting on the top rock of my waterfall sassing the dogs and her little tummy was thinner but with little pink teats showing. Oh my, the dogs will have a hayday when the babies are older and start coming out of the bird house. Sometimes they all try to see out the hole at the same time and somebody always gets pushed out. The last time we had squirrel babies born in a bird house the barn cat discovered them and ate a few. I don't encourage the dogs or cats but neither do I discourage. I let nature takes it course. If the momma squirrel is dumb enough to have her offspring in my yard she must be willing to run the guantlet of dogs and cats.
Every morning about 4 am she starts chattering right outside our bedroom window. we have to keep it closed all night just so she doesn't wake us up so early.
This morning I asked robert how long he thought it would take for another squirrel to move into the yard and take her place if I shot her.
My garden is up and looking good. The asparagus is nearly finished for the year. boy do we enjoy that.

No comments:
Post a Comment