
I spent the last two days walking up and down stairs. You might ask yourself what the big deal is. But you have to know, fat people don't do stairs. hahaha
I have arthritis, and if I climb too many stairs my hips hurt. The past two nights have been tylenol nights.
So what was I doing going up and down the stairs you ask. We were vaccinating our cattle. There are so many things that can ruin thier health that we have a set of vaccinations that we give them and treat them for flies and lice. We run a pretty tight ship here and because of that we have very few herd health problems. Which really helps keep the vet bills down. The vaccinations alone run into the high thousands.
We have a good corral system with a cat walk above the alleyway where the cattle are so I walk along the raised walk way pouring the dope on thier backs, while robert is up front at the catch squeeze giving the younger ones thier vaccination booster shots. We are both pretty tired at the end of the day and then this morning had to get up and do it all over again to a different group of cattle.
So now it is done for another year. I could see, while doing the cows, that quite a few of them are beginning to show that they are in calf. They begin calving January 2o so the clock is ticking down to my time in the barn. That, I find harder and harder to do every year. getting old sucks.
My son is once again out of work. Ask me if I am surprised. I ask myself again and again, if he hadn't finaggled his way into living in the house next door (roberts mothers house) where would he be living. the answer, either in his car or a cardboard box in some alley. or maybe he would try harder to be nice to his girlfriend for a place to stay. who knows, I sure as hell don't.
I am, making christmas dinner , if any of you care to come, let me know. I'll throw another spud in the pot. Otherwise it will be me Robert and my son (maybe)
we've been invited to Roberts rick cousins condo for dinner with other cousins this sunday. I had to go and buy a new top. I wanted to buy a suit, for other occassions too, but they were pretty picked over this time of year. so I just bought a top. Robert and I were blown away by how flattering the style was on me. That almost never happens. Haaaaaha. The draw back to the whole invite thing is, we have to go to brother in law Tom's place and drive in with them since this million dollar condo building has nearly no visitor parking so to conserve parking spaces we will drive in together and then it turns out we will stay overnight at brother in law toms. and come home monday morning. oh yay.....I hate staying there.....she uses laundry soap that itches my skin and they have mice.
picky, picky, I know. Ungrateful bitch that I am.
Well I am off for bed. It's light-porn night on late night toronto tv. hahahaha...I never stay awake long enough to see it, but we try every friday.....and have only managed to catch it a couple of times. Old foogies.
5 comments:
cant ya bring yer own sleeping bag?? i know lotsa ppl that do that even when they stay at hotels!
Ho Hum....sorry about your kid being a doofus.
My moms a doofus, I feel your pain haha
Thank you for the FAB parcel...ill email u shortly!
That 60th bday sounds AMAZING! my gawd youll be cooking for DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Ho Hum....sorry about your kid being a doofus.
My moms a doofus, I feel your pain haha
Thank you for the FAB parcel...ill email u shortly!
That 60th bday sounds AMAZING! my gawd youll be cooking for DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Ho Hum....sorry about your kid being a doofus.
My moms a doofus, I feel your pain haha
Thank you for the FAB parcel...ill email u shortly!
That 60th bday sounds AMAZING! my gawd youll be cooking for DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
aerrrgggggggggggggggg
Post a Comment