Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Oh, the JOYS.....

I didn't sleep at all well last night. I lay awake thinking of the message Roberts doctor left on our voicemail. Oh, nothing life and death serious but still life changing. My thin like a stick husband has high cholesterol. His dad was skeletal and still had high cholesterol so the Doc's thinking it is the hereditary kind(1 in 500 Canadians with high (LDL) cholesterol have the genetic type.) Oh yay..... Just when we thought we were living a pretty healthy lifestyle and I am slowly losing weight (just through healthy eating) we have this wrench thrown in to the mix. So now the whole healthy diet, everything in moderation plan goes out the window.

I mean life is just not fair. We don't use butter, only becel and recently the light becel, lots of veggies and fruit everyday, fish, chicken, no cream, 1% milk, cheese, no candies, no chocolate, splenda in place of sugar in drinks and baking. Whole grain cereals coming out our ying yang everyday. and still this happens.

What a way to spoil the holidays. Well we have decided that at the new year hubby will begin the whole low low fat sentence and then in one month he will go back to the doc. Which is what he was suppose to do and they will recheck his blood again and if it is still high he will go on meds. damn.....

Oh well, we have to be positive. at least he went and had it checked so now we know what we are dealing with, we can be pro-active rather than re-active.

Boy with all the comments left on my last posting I thought I had suddenly become popular ahahahahahaha but it was a blogspot glitch and they ended up being all the same blog just repeated again and again. oh darn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now.....if its the hereditary variety isnt it futile to go freaky gung ho eat like a hippy b/c it will be high unless u take meds???

Conky said...

yeah?!??!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE WOMAN!