Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The High Road




Okay, I've tried to take the high road and not whine so much about my declining youthfulness (snicker, snicker) and my piddly assed health issues, when in the bigger picture there are people everywhere with much bigger problems than me.

It worked, for the space of about a week. The result is, if I can't write about all that, then I apparently have nothing to write about. Some of you might have noticed the rather lengthy pauses between postings. I need this blog to vent my spleen, so if that makes me a weak sniveling hypochondriac so be it, what does the fact that you read it say about you.

I have a friend (yes that's right I have at least one) whose children were devil's spawn as kids but who have grown to adulthood to become well to do, professional people,who come home to visit their parents bearing gifts, only phone with happy news and never ask them for a thing. They have healthy relationships and children of their own. They are perfect in her mind. So why does she, without fail, every time we get together, ask me how my son is doing. I thought maybe she just liked him, felt sorry for him or some such thing. But now, I have it all figured out. She asks about him, because she knows I can't pass up the opportunity to vent and that after hearing my sad story,she feels just that much better about her own children. Like she should get a fucking medal or something. Grrrrrr.....exactly why am I friends with her. (oh, it's more Robert and Raymond are best friends and she is part of the package).
So for those of you who do not care to hear all my whingey moaning and groaning please log off now................................(insert elevator music HERE, while computers all across the country log off the blogger site.)

The last pills the doctor gave me made me cough and gag and sneeze and itchy watery eyes (sounds pleasant doesn't it) I took those for 4 months until we figured out it was the pills. He changed the prescription and in three days those symptoms were gone. But only to be replaced with swelled feet, hands and face, even my gums are swollen. I look hideous and feel like shit. Every joint in my body aches and I have to pee every 15 minutes. I am going to go and complain about the new meds, but am a bit worried about what he will put me on instead.
I am seriously thinking about not taking anything for the problem, since before all the meds, I felt fine other than an occasional headache. hmmm.

You all know they took my hormone replacement away and have just thrown poor Robert and I into the wind. Robert is convinced I hate him and I am convinced that dying suddenly of a stroke because I was taking premarin would be a slice of heaven in comparison to the hell I am living now.

The hourly hot flashes aside, the pills he gave me to make them go away, were working for a couple of weeks, but now I am having flashes again. The doc says it is stress. It makes menopausal symptoms worse. I am doomed. Because I am one stressed out person by nature.


It's noon but I think I will go back to bed anyway, I could sleep all day, anywhere these days.Like my little friend here.
It just isn't good sleep in between being on fire and freezing and having to go out at 3 am to check the cows.



1 comment:

Conky said...

omfg he looks like a seal pup hahaha

jesus...do you dreamabout having ovaries when u sleep? i think i would...fuck...im scared of menopause now.